I'm in Connecticut for my cousin's wedding this weekend. If I were a Twitterer, here's what I might have written so far:
- Taxi to the CHS airport. Driver made careful mention of racism. I said, "If you're talking about Charleston, I'm sure it's racism." Delighted, he then launched into a civil rights lecture that lasted the rest of the trip.
- Surprise extended family mini-van trip from the Hartford airport to New Haven. Made Uncle Rodger be the ceremonial dad and drive us all.
- CT Pieps seem very concerned that the unairconditioned church will be too awful for the wedding. As the SC Piep, I assured them that the church will be embarrassingly non-hot.
- "They call this hot? In SC, we'd be wearing sweaters!"
- Aaron assures me that my toxic irritability spirals could be made into a comedy routine, even though I'm actually not funny.
- Uncle Rodger is now referring to it as "toxic irritability syndrome" and is going to start defining the characteristics.
- Only one sexist toast made at the rehearsal dinner, so hurray for that.
- Reassured my immediate family that if they accidentally say "retarded," I won't immediately descend into a toxic irritability spiral on them. See me having a good attitude!
- Learning some very interesting family stuff, some of which is probably only interesting to me, and some of is probably too personal for Baxter Sez.