4.10.2007

Revenge!

I googled myself today. I found an artist's residency (way past a deadline) i might have been interested in. i wrote them anyway hoping that maybe, even after 20 days, they still hadn't found the person they were looking for.

Anyway, i typed my name into google right after i sent the email just to see what would crop up if the selecting artists were to do the same thing, right?

Lo and behold, here was one of the entires:


Need: Yakima roof rack - $100
Reply to: sale-308166311@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-04-08, 11:49AM EDT


Hi, I am in need of a yakima roof rack. I need: Four Q towers & 48-58inch cross bars. I would also like yakima arrow kayak stackers. I would like locks also but not a have to. I do not need Q clips unless they are Q69-70.

I need this tomorrow. I have to pic it up tomorrow (monday-9th. I have cash, make it cheap. Some people are stupid and over pricing this stuff and change there mind about it being thule and saying its a yakima (know yor stuff before emailing me and dont go back on your word like this Walter Biffle guy trying to sell me some junk and doesnt even know anythign about it. I would pay $100- for cross bars/towers..let me know ASAP no BS!




* Location: Charleston
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


PostingID: 308166311




Do ya think there might be a screenplay in this for me? Like "it's a southpark meets terminator II kind of thing, in which i'm picked up by the Iranian revolutionary guard in enemy waters, and one of my interrogators turns out to be this person from craigslist?"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! i have tears in my eyes...

Alison Piepmeier said...

Wow, that makes my cat tuxedo Google ranking look pretty good by comparison.