The other day, a blog friend asked for some info about Bobo. Rather than offering coherent info, I thought I'd offer two lists:
WAYS IN WHICH BOBO IS NOT LIKE A DIREWOLF*:
- She's large, but not in the ways the direwolves are large. They can take down a horse in battle. She could cause a horse some inconvenience, but that probably sounds like too much effort to her.
- If someone broke into our house, I think she might deign to raise her head and look at them. If she were interested enough, she'd stand up and then enthusiastically nuzzle her head into their crotch.
- She's really itchy. You rarely read about the direwolves chewing the fur off their tails because of flea allergies. Also, direwolves don't have to have Benadryl.
- She's incredibly tolerant. Certain members of our household have decided that a fun game is to play "Gitchee!" with the Bobo, and she doesn't seem to notice. Nor does she seem to notice when the same member of the household sits down on her.
- If she doesn't know you and you make a move toward Maybelle, she will rip your arm off.**
*If you're not familiar with direwolves, count yourself lucky. They're part of the Game of Thrones book series, about which I'll say: stay away. They're addictive, and I've now moved from the fun "Oooo, I get to read the book!" aspect of the addiction to the sickening, compulsive, "Get me the book! It's not even enjoyable anymore, but I have to finish!" aspect of the addiction.
**This is also a Chewbacca-like quality.