12.02.2007

A feminist guide to succeeding at work

Kelly Love Johnson's book is out, and if you'd like to know what I think about it, just look here:


The book is really good--Women's and Gender Studies is going to buy a copy for each of our graduating senior minors this year, and Kelly and I are making plans for her to come talk with the students about entering the job market. I'm excited for her.

But since this is my blog, let me talk about myself for a moment. I'm finding that I'm entering the point in my life where I have contacts, a network. Just through doing what I do--reading, going to events, making friends, reaching out--I'm creating a feminist network, where I'm in a position to support the good work my friends do, and they're in positions to support me. And it's so cool! This is the second book I've been invited to promote, and not only do I get to feel famous, but I'm able to help get the word out about fabulous feminist publications like this one.

4 comments:

Quiche said...

Sounds like a nifty read! BTW, who said you aren't famous? You are being heard, renowned, have fans, making a difference, making waves and inspiring others to do so- famous in my book.

jaz said...

Kelly is a great writer with oodles of tales to tell.

I'm hoping this is the first of a whole shelf of books with her name on them.

Anonymous said...

Hey Alison;
Just thinking about you and haven't read you blog in a bit - its good to hear you are famous! and that I can say that I know a famous gal:), Miss you!

Caroline said...

All right Alison! It's such an honor that you're quoted on another book cover! I was so excited when my Introduction to Women's and Gender Studies class read Deborah Siegel's Sisterhood, Interrupted: From Radical Women to Grrls Gone Wild because I knew that you're quoted on the back cover.