3.23.2010

You may be seeing more of me, plus hair

A few posts ago I noted that blogging wasn't on my priorities list, so I hadn't been doing much of it.  That's still the case in the sense that blogging isn't one of my top priorities, but what has changed has been my energy level.  I have much more energy every day--I feel that I've turned a corner and that I am seriously on the mend.  I don't want to jinx myself and head into an exhaustion spiral, but I feel so much better these days that it's started to give me ideas.  I've been thinking a lot, and I keep coming up with ideas for things I'd like to blog about.  For instance:

  • The fact that I've discovered I love being the person who gets up in the morning with Maybelle
  • Reflections on Dr. Friedman as we approach (a week from today) my follow up visit with him
  • My thoughts on niceness
  • My language use pre and post surgery
  • Hair
As for this last bullet point, I'll go ahead and give you a version of it here.  CofC NOW is putting together a Look Book in which folks on campus reflect on their bodies, and I submitted the page below.  I have more to say than this, because I can be--as you know--quite wordy, but they asked that all contributors be concise.  Click on the image if you need bigger versions of the fetching photos of me (thanks, Biffle!)

3 comments:

KMB said...

Seriously excellent piece. Your scar is a medal to display, a map of where you've been. On horses it's called "proudflesh." I always liked that term and have now claimed it for my own.

--Kris MB

Anonymous said...

You wrote, "My scar feels like a medal..."

The phrase you used to describe your scar in the last sentence of your blog reminded me of the book title, "A Red Badge of Courage." It has a nice ring to it. Hmmm, perhaps we will see it again someday.

Congratulations for the successful surgical outcome and your speedy recovery.

Tawanda Bee said...

Seeing you sitting in the sunshine with a smile on your face puts a smile on my face.

I often call the scars on my knees my "battle wounds" from my days in competitive sports. The one on my belly is my "baby factory" scar. All remind me that the stuff of life is part of a process... an ever changing process.

I will never get anymore baby factory scars or high school varsity scars. But I do get to remember each time I see my little medals of honor.